Red Means Stop Traffic Safety Alliance will be electing several new members to our Board of Directors.
We are looking for board members who believe in our mission and are willing to be active in their governance roles. We believe that this work has never been more important than it is today.
Red Means Stop is entering a challenging time, Arizona has ranked #2 in the nation for the most red light running fatalities and to make things worse, there are political pressures to remove traffic cameras. There are so many senseless deaths due to distracted driving and speeding which are both big factors causing red light running. We have a tradition of high quality service provision and activism related to public safety and community engagement, and we invite you to become part of our team.
As a federally designated community action agency with a 501 (c) (3) designation, our Board of Directors seeks representatives from the public and private sectors, and your name has been submitted to the Board as a potential board candidate. A board member would like to chat with you to discuss this proposition.
The board member job description is below:
- Support the Mission of the Red Means Stop Traffic Safety Alliance (RMS).
- Attend a minimum of seven (7) board meetings per year (out of 11 per year) and lead or participate in a minimum of one (1) RMS initiative.
- Commit to supporting all events/activities by volunteering at or attending a minimum of three (3) events/activities during the calendar year.
- Commit to supporting all fundraising efforts by soliciting donations & contributions from yourself or members of your personal or business network for a minimum of $250 per year.
- Recruit new volunteers and potential board members (at the very least, you are responsible for finding your replacement).
- Actively participate on committees.
- Write letters to the Editor on timely/relevant traffic safety issues.
- Support proposed traffic safety legislation backed by Red Means Stop.
- Responsible for filling a minimum of one (1) table for the Seeing Red Dinner (signature event).
While we do ask that our board members play an active role, we pride ourselves on supporting each other as a team and believe that we offer an opportunity for our members to learn and grow with the organization.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 602-291-4114.
Barbara Hoffman, Executive Director
Red Means Stop Traffic Safety Alliance